Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Quick Visit to the US

Sadly, we received news that Bob's grandmother passed away last week at age 98. "NaNa" lived a very long and amazingly healthy life until the end. The four of us decided to make the trip to Massachusetts to be with family for the services. It was well worth it to make the quick trip to be with everyone to celebrate her special life and remember her. The boys loved seeing their grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. We even got to meet my Mom out for dinner one night.

For the kids and I, this was our first trip back to the US since we moved six months ago. We got to spend time with Storm, our dog, who is living with my in-laws because of his old age. I enjoyed having root beer (with ice too!), Tostitos and American burgers. The boys loved playing in the snow, because Massachusetts is still decidedly in winter. And I did some laundry at my in-laws where not only could I read the washer settings in English, but I was amazed that my wash was done in 40 minutes! The washer settings for a standard load here can be three times that or more.

The boys were very good travelers on our trip. Of course, it helps that we were upgraded to business class for the flight over to the US. We were all sad to leave, but it's nice to know that we can be in the US relatively quickly if need be. It's too bad that we couldn't extend the trip to see more people, but we will have another opportunity in the summer.

And we returned in time to get in on more Fasnacht festivities, so another blog will be posted soon with details.

No comments:

Post a Comment