Thursday, May 3, 2012

Return to Switzerland

I've needed a jumpstart to my blog after a month! We were in the US for Easter holidays, and I am slow to post.

While in the US for two weeks, we were very happy to spend time with family. I love watching the boys when they are so at home with their grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. Landon and Willem enjoyed a "sleepover" at Grandma and Pop-Pop's house, played lacrosse with their cousins, helped Pop-Pop in his workshop, made a pumpkin pie with Grammy, and had some of cousin Katie's famous cupcakes. (We ate plenty of our favorite foods while in town!) I just wish we could have had some more time with everyone.

I realize that the kids are developing a slightly different way of English speaking and being in the US made it more apparent. For example, Landon asks for a plaster ("band-aid") or rubber ("eraser"). And football to them means soccer for now, although they understand that American football exists.

Speaking of football, the kids are very enthusiastically collecting Euro Cup 2012 Panini stickers here in Switzerland. They have a sticker book with all of the participating teams (not Switzerland, but Germany, England, Denmark and others). There are stickers for each of the players and Landon trades cards among friends at school, nearly daily. I hope that they're learning a little about negotiating as a result, and maybe some geography too.

So after being away for two weeks, it was relatively easy to fall back into our school and work routine. Bob and I have both have had to travel for work, so it's been busy. But we're enjoying the spring weather with some hiking. We visited the "Wasserfall" in Triberg, Germany, over the weekend (Germany's largest waterfall). And this week, I enjoyed a May 1 holiday with  the kids, which was a lovely Tuesday off from work and school that we spent hiking with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment