Wednesday, November 21, 2012

We are thankful.

Unfortunately, we're not celebrating Thanksgiving with family and food. It will be a fairly regular day in Switzerland, although we still plan to at least have some pumpkin pie (Landon's favorite). But we are remembering reasons why we're thankful:

We are thankful to have each other. Bob and I recently celebrated 10 years of marriage and it was a good excuse to splurge on a fancy dinner, and reminisce about the memories we have together!

We are also thankful to have the opportunity to live abroad -- all of us are benefiting from the different experiences here. I am incredibly thankful that our families and friends in the US have patience with us while we are away. It is often hard to be so far, but their support has made our experience possible.

I asked the kids what they are thankful for, and Landon said that he is thankful for his teachers. Yes, we are tremendously thankful for the people that help our children learn and give them confidence.

Willem said he was thankful that his birthday is coming. Well, you can't blame an almost 5 year old for getting excited about that! (We've been counting down to his birthday since Landon's occurred last month...)

Finally, I am personally very thankful for life itself. This year, we have had too many reminders that life is really very fragile.

So, we wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving. May you spend the day together with those you love (even if only by Skype). Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment